These signs tell that you aren’t washing your face as well as you might think
– There’s still some makeup residue after washing your face: If you wipe your face with toner after cleansing and see streaks of foundation on the cotton pad, it means you haven’t cleansed your face enough. You need to use a water or oil-based micellar water based on your skin type in order to melt away the makeup. You can also double-cleanse with a cleansing balm and then a gentle cleanser to make sure you break all the products down.
– Your skin feels too oily or too dry: If you are someone with dry skin and use a cleanser that strips away all the sebum, it will end up irritating your skin. Likewise, if you use a moisturising cleanser on oily skin, it makes your skin oilier. The right cleanser will strip excess oil and keep the moisture intact. Hence, pick a cleanser that treats your skin concerns directly, the right way.
– Your skin feels congested: Skin cell buildup on your sin can very much cause dryness and dullness. This is due to uneven skin cells that won’t reflect light as well as a clear surface. You can use an exfoliating face wash that helps in making sure that you’re revving up cell turnover.
– Your skincare and makeup products are piling: If the product that you applied is peeling off rather than getting absorbed, it could be because you haven’t cleansed your skin enough. When you skip a full cleansing routine, you leave behind an invisible layer of film that creates a barrier and prevents your products from seeping into their best abilities.
– Your skin seems more prone to irritation and rashes than before: When you wash your face too little, it can cause a lot of problems. But, over-washing your face can be as problematic too. When your skin barrier is compromised, the products that sit on top of your skin can end up causing allergies or rashes. So, it is very important to figure out the right way to cleanse your face.