Postpartum beauty: How to care for your skin and hair post delivery
1. Scalp massage: A popular bonding practice within Indian households, scalp massage, or as well call it champi, is an excellent way to stimulate hair growth. It helps revitalize and strengthen the hair, preventing hair loss, and promoting hair re-growth.
2. Hair spa or hair masks: A hair spa is not only useful in enhancing hair health but is also a brilliant way to destress from your hectic schedules! While hemp helps in maintaining a sound sleep cycle, the
Balchhad and Shankhpushpi in the recipe calm your mind. Hemp also adds a natural shine to your hair and helps reduce dandruff and dryness!
Easy skin-care hacks for you
1. Cleanse and exfoliate: as mundane as it sounds, it is indeed the most crucial step to skincare. Using a chemical-free cleanser is imperative for your skin – to not only look good but also feel healthy. Use a cleanser that has antibacterial and antifungal properties and those that help in the prevention of acne and dark spots.
2. Use kumkumadi oil to moisturize your skin: You don’t always need a moisturizing cream. Face oils used efficiently to leave you with soft and supple skin and a glow that you would want to wake up to every day. A traditional ayurvedic formulation, Kumkumadi Oil has been used for centuries to treat dull and damaged skin. Given its ayurvedic nature, this oil also helps reduce pigmentation and stretch marks that occur because of pregnancy. For young mothers who dabble with multiple responsibilities, this oil helps in relaxing the skin and keeps it hydrated, leaving behind a magical glow!
3. Face masks: When you are too overwhelmed to do all the cleaning and exfoliating, face masks swiftly come to your rescue. Charcoal effectively cleanses the skin unclogs the pores, and removes deeper impurities and dead skin cells. It is your best friend on days you feel too lazy to do anything else!
Some extra loving tips
While all the above tips are effective in maintaining your hair and skin health, it is also important to exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, balanced diet. Regular consumption of fruits along with an intake of locally produced vegetables will energize and enliven your body. Eat to your heart’s content but do not forget that your body is the happiest when it is moving. And of course, drinking lots of water and hydrating time and again never goes out of fashion.