Parisian Chic! 6 French-Girl Beauty Tips We’re Obsessed With
The effortless French beauty has won over the world with its elegant yet disheveled charm. A strong advocate of natural glow, minimum makeup, and easy-going beauty hacks, emulating that carefree Parisian semblance is easier than you think. This is how to get started:
Skincare has always been the core of a French beauty routine. Besides powering up the skin with the right ingredients, it also puts emphasis on staying away from rigorous practices that can irritate the skin or the hair and interfere with the natural healing process.
• Most French girls grow up with a once-a-week exfoliation routine, which encourages clean and clear skin.
• While cleansing is a must, overdoing face cleansers is a strict no-no. Simply splash fresh water for a quick cleanse or resort to the cult-favourite micellar water. It will help remove the makeup and impurities from your face while sealing in essentials oils and moisture.
• Let your skin breathe; don’t layer up with makeup.
Less Is More
When you start with a clean and healthy canvas, you don’t feel the need to put layers to turn into a make-believe version of yourself. The idea is to use makeup as an add-on to enhance your features, not cover them.
When it comes to French style of makeup, the key is moderation.
• Go for light coverage. If you feel the need to use a concealer, blend it well for a seamless finish.
• Say no to sculpting and simply add a flush of colour to your cheeks.
• Accentuate the glow. Resort to illuminators to make your features stand out.
Play Up One Feature
French beauty is big on highlighting one feature to make the impact and lets the rest of the face complement it.
• Bold, breezy lip colours are probably the most fascinating part of a French beauty routine. Think sun-kissed colours, sultry shades of red, and creamy textures for the win!
• If you are opting for the classic, sleek winged-look to define the eyes, keep your lips and skin to the bare minimum. Lip and cheek tints can do wonders to bring the look together.
• Staying true to the French-favourite red lip? Find your perfect shade and team it with glittery eyes, it you will.
It Doesn’t Have To Be Perfect To Be Pretty
This applies to most things in life but especially in the case of a belle dame. What makes French beauty so irresistible is that it does not try too hard. It is casual and exudes comfort.
• Play with eye pencils to define your eyes and get a smudged look by using your fingers.
• Avoid over-shaping your brows. Instead, brush your brow hair using a spoolie in upwards strokes for a messy finish.
• Adopt to a mane-tenance routine that swaps blow-drying with deep nourishment, smoothening the hair texture naturally for an effortless glam.
• Get rid of the hair knots before shampooing, and stay away from the hairbrush to fully enjoy a disheveled look.
Save The Drama For The Lashes
Long dramatic lashes is the ace of spades in the deck of French beauty tips.
• Include lash conditioning as an important part of your beauty routine.
• Introduce yourself to lash serum for days you seek subtle definition.
• Learn the art of using a lash curler to boost your lash-look.
• Trust a sweep of mascara to give your eye look a striking definition.
Never Skip The Perfume. Period.
A pleasing fragrance helps you feel fresh and pepped up all day long. In a French routine, it is as essential as a moisturiser.
• Spritz a body mist before getting dressed to achieve a lingering, soft scent that makes a subtle statement but doesn’t overpower when you enter the room.
• Don’t settle on one. Try different notes and switch depending on the occasion and your mood.
Voilà, you’are all set to look your best, all day every day!
Also Read: 6 Tips To Get Deepika Padukone’s Glowing Skin