Award-winning celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury to launch in MECCA stores across Australia
Award-winning celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury is set to launch her coveted makeup and skincare range in MECCA stores across Australia from September.
This will be the first time that the British makeup artist to the stars – who is responsible for the likes of Olivia Culpo, Kate Moss, Miranda Kerr and Amal Clooney’s flawless looks – has had her products stocked in a bricks-and-mortar store in Australia and New Zealand.
The new Charlotte Tilbury counter aims to give customers the chance to try before they buy any of her high-end products.
Award-winning celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury is set to launch her coveted makeup and skincare range in MECCA stores across Australia from September (Charlotte pictured)
This will be the first time that the British makeup artist to the stars – who is responsible for the likes of Olivia Culpo’s glow (pictured) has been available in bricks-and-mortar Down Under
Founder Charlotte said in a statement: ‘I am thrilled to finally be launching my award-winning beauty secrets and research-powered glowing skincare in Australia and New Zealand with MECCA!
‘The MECCA team and Jo [Horgan; the founder of MECCA] have the most incredible energy, and share my love for empowering everyone, everywhere with the magic of makeup and skincare.’
She added: ‘We have worked so hard together to make this limitless dream a reality!’
Charlotte (pictured) said: ‘I am thrilled to finally be launching my award-winning beauty secrets and research-powered glowing skincare in Australia and New Zealand with MECCA!’
Charlotte Tilbury shoppers can expect a treasure trove of products at the MECCA counter, from glow-giving highlighters to her best-selling nude Pillow Talk lipstick.
There will also be plenty of skincare, including Charlotte’s celebrity-loved ‘magic cream’ moisturiser – which sells a unit roughly every two minutes.
The moisturiser boasts a host of glossy fans – from models backstage prepping for a catwalk show like Elsa Hosk to actress Sienna Miller, Kim Kardashian and Gigi Hadid.
Charlotte spent 20 years coming up with the formula.
She said she came up with the idea when she saw models’ dull, tired skin during fashion week and knew she needed something that could transform their complexions quickly.
Mixing together eight different ‘magic’ ingredients including Vitamins C and E, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, rosehip oil and aloe vera extract, Charlotte concocted a ‘secret weapon’ cream that would target tiredness, redness and dry, puffy skin.
And when she launched it, it quickly became known as the ‘instant miracle turnaround cream’.
Other top Charlotte Tilbury products include her ‘push-up’ mascara and the Pillow Talk nude lipstick that celebrities swear by on the red carpet.
Charlotte Tilbury shoppers can expect a treasure trove of products at the MECCA counter, from glow-giving highlighters to her best-selling nude Pillow Talk lipstick (Charlotte Tilbury products pictured in use)
Other top Charlotte Tilbury products include her ‘push-up’ mascara and the Pillow Talk nude lipstick that celebrities swear by on the red carpet (Charlotte Tilbury products pictured in use)
MECCA founder and co CEO Jo Horgan said of the move: ‘Ever since the brand was founded in 2013, we have made it our mission to ensure Charlotte Tilbury Beauty was in its rightful ANZ home, MECCA, and every meeting with Charlotte since has only further cemented our determination to have her genius and vision, all wrapped up in her eponymous line, on offer for our customers and team members.’
Jo added: ‘Our community has been so very vocal about wanting Charlotte Tilbury Beauty and I’m so thrilled we can finally give them what they asked for.
‘Get ready for September, as we will be bringing the magic of Charlotte Tilbury to life in all its glowing glory for MECCA’s biggest launch ever.’
MECCA founder Jo Horgan said MECCA customers have been vocal about getting Charlotte Tilbury into her store for years
Charlotte (pictured) previously shared her tips for looking younger, including using makeup that also combines skincare elements
Charlotte’s tips for ageing gracefully
1. Look for skincare and makeup: Try to find skin and makeup hybrid products as these are the ones that will make you look younger.
2. Consider the texture of products: A cream will work well on your eyes, lips and cheeks, while something that is light and water-based will also allow your complexion to breathe.
3. Add a serum: In these decades, you absolutely need a serum in your routine – to be used morning and night.
4. Go lighter: Instead of black eyeliner, switch to brown for a softer look.
5. Perfect the feline flick: A feline flick with eyeliner will draw the gaze outwards and accentuate your eyes.
Speaking previously to FEMAIL, Charlotte shared her tips and tricks for staying looking youthful as you get older.
When it comes to your thirties, forties, fifties and beyond, Charlotte explained that you’re going to want your makeup to work a little harder, while also helping to make you look younger.
‘Look for products that are makeup and skincare hybrids during these decades – like my Airbrush Flawless Foundation,’ Charlotte told Daily Mail Australia.
‘These sorts of products will work hard at nourishing your skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, while also hydrating and providing you with coverage.’
The makeup artist also said you should look at textures in your makeup at this time – she always looks for ‘sophisticated’ textures with subtle sparkle and a bit of pearlescence.
‘Lighter, water-based textures are always better for our complexions too, as they hydrate and let the skin breathe,’ she said.
Think creams for your eyes, lips and cheeks and brown eyeliner instead of black to soften your entire look.
If you could add one product to your regime at this time, Charlotte recommends a serum like her Magic Serum Crystal Elixir, which helps to add ‘bounce, plumpness and elasticity’.
‘This has been the perfect addition to my personal skincare regime and I use it by massaging just a few drops into my skin with my fingertips,’ Charlotte said.
‘The instant hit of intense hydration makes my skin look and feel so glowy, and it makes makeup application so much easier.’
She also said a feline flick works well into these decades too, as it will help to accentuate your eyes and draw the gaze outwards with your face.
Charlotte Tilbury will be available in MECCA stores from September. For more information about Charlotte Tilbury, please click here.
How to perfect the Charlotte Tilbury ‘feline flick’ with eyeliner
Charlotte shared how to do her perfect ‘feline flick’ with eyeliner (Sofia pictured)
* For a long time, Charlotte has been a fan of the ‘feline flick’ winged eyeliner look, to such an extent that it has become one of her signature looks and the most watched content on her YouTube channel.
* Speaking to FEMAIL, Charlotte said: ‘A feline flick can really lift and elongate the eyes, giving them the appearance of a more feline, seductive shape.’
* To do the feline flick, Charlotte said you need the right tools – a liquid eyeliner like her Feline Flick pen, a highlighter and a moisturiser like her Magic Cream to dab up mistakes.
* ‘Before you begin, start by adding a highlighter to the inner corner of the eye and underneath the bottom lash line, 1/3 or the way along the lash line to really open up and widen the look of the eyes,’ Charlotte said.
* ‘Then, to add shape to the eyes, go for a thinner feline flick as this will elongate the appearance of the eye and add more definition to the lash line,’ she said.
* You should take your liquid eyeliner and start in the inner corner of the eye, drawing as closely as possible to the lashline until you are 2/3 of the way out. From this point on, Charlotte recommends you thicken the line, sweeping the pen ‘up and out’.
* ‘Next, look in the mirror and draw a dot where you want your flick to end,’ she said. ‘This should be two millimetres up and out from the outer corner of your eye as a guideline. Compare them both and join the dots.’
* If you are wayward with the liquid eyeliner, the makeup artist recommends using a little bit of Magic Cream to clean up any mistakes.
Source: Charlotte Tilbury